Friday, May 5, 2017

#the52project Week18

post by casey.



the weather is reallllyyyy starting to warm up around here and we're enjoying so many walks and I've even gotten a few opportunities to expose my newly pregnant - and very white thighs - to the world, again;) And I've pushed mowed the lawn - which I love doing but rarely can because...kids...and we've made promises to not make any TO DO LISTS for this summer! Of course, a clean-ish house and paying bills and maybe doing some camping and a lot of walking/hiking and spending an obscene amount of time at the beach/pool and read some books outside in the sun during nap times...we've got plans but we don't want to have expectations of things that *must* be done - especially, house/fixer-upper related. This summer...we chill:)

the other day me and the kids went to the park and on this rare occasion, they played nicely, which allowed me to start a book - The Magic Of Motherhood by Ashlee Gadd - and the sun was shining and it was just what I needed to remind me that I don't need to be planning our next vacation - although, it's mighty fun to be doing that:), or what project I'd like to start/finish or what our lives will look like next year or next month or next week, I don't needdddd to be thinking about much more than how happy I am right this moment:)

here's to slowing down:) - another great book, I recommend to everyone (which I started and finished on our 3 day trip to Tulum, post HERE) - Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner. So so good:)


my good stuff: hot showers after Jacob gets home from work...which allow me to lock the door (me on one side, children on the other;). waiting on the arrival of a new shirt in the mail:) the arrival of a baby bump:)


 a portrait of my children, once a week(ish), every week(ish), in 2017
homer - when we leave for our walk in the mornings, it's still pretty cold...but by the time we head home...some of us aren't wearing shirts;)

theo - the sass is strong with this child...representing May the 4th with her Yoda sweater:)

rockyp - being adorable...I may rush him in to have his eyes checked, in hopes that he'll need glasses (kidding BUT he could totally pull this off!!!!;).

No comments:

Post a Comment