Wednesday, March 23, 2016

33.

"Note to self: None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you're carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There's no time for anything else." 
- Nanea Hoffman, Sweatpants & Coffee


I'm surrounded by this 'drink the kool-aid tribe'...this family I didn't choose but was somehow, generously, gifted! 
Sometimes growing older can be a little scary and the kids only seem to amplify that fear because I'm so focused on watching them grow that every now and then I get the chance to look in the mirror and realize a whole year passed without any thought of myself. That's not a terrible thing...but I'm working on me and giving something for myself in these years.

today I'm 33. I just had a baby 4MO ago and so I haven't gotten back to my old self physically and although, sporadic crying is sort of part of my normal now-a-days;), I'm still not quite back mentally either - and I'm not sure I ever expect to be post-kids;). And the hair loss...good gawd...

i think what I'm getting at is that regardless of this not being an ideal time for me to feel like celebrating ME cause I may not feel quite fully...me...I'm incredibly happy:) 

ohhh, I'd be so happy if I were back in my pre-pregnancy jeans or paying off our home or headed to the airport for a family getaway...but I'm going to go to bed tonight, 33...and I'm going to fall asleep down the hall from 2 of my favorite humans in the world and with a beautiful baby in the nook of my arm and my husband cuddled in behind me. I want to sneak downstairs tomorrow morning for 1/2 a cup of coffee and 10 minutes of uninterrupted - hushed:) - conversation with my husband while our babies sleep-in and smile across the table at the man I get to spend all my birthdays with:)

simply put, I'm happy. Happy here, with them:)

cheers, to all the birthdays we're lucky enough to receive:)

"Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born." 
- Albert Einstein


- casey

3 comments:

  1. You are wise beyond your 33 years. Love reading about your life,you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise beyond your 33 years. Love reading about your life,you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much coming from you, Vicki!!!:):) xoxo - Casey

      Delete