Monday, December 4, 2017

rocky peyton is TWO.

post by casey.






rocky peyton turned 2 on November 12, 2017! It was a super low key event. I'm gonna claim the simplistic route and deny that I just don't have time to track down a number 2 shaped balloon and where can you rent a pony? and birthday patterned plates and cups and napkins and the gifts...I mean, I'm at Target at least once a week...;).

but truly, as we've added to this family - my own children and my sisters children...there are 17 of them now - we've not only realized there's less time to make a fuss about such things BUT, more importantly, we've discovered that such things do not a Happy Birthday make:).

these kids and their happiness mean EVERYTHING to us. But all they seem to need are hugs and kisses and a very modest amount of fuss - well, and powdered donut balls;).


i almost had myself convinced that Rocky would skip those sassy years but with each year he's grown...so has his personality. Times 5;).

he's managed to find a way to keep up with his siblings and cousins and it didn't take too much work to carve out his very own space.

rocky's speaking more clearly - kinda;) - with each passing day! He eats...sometimes. He naps...most days. He currently has a rash on his face;). He's into everything...ALL.THE.TIME. He's a good sleeper!!! Most recently, he hates putting clothes on to leave the house. He loves coloring...on my floors and walls...and on his stomach and arms and legs and Theo's face;).

rocky p. We were not expecting you as soon as you came...in finding out you existed and in your entry into this world. All so fast but so perfect:). We love you, the most incredible amount. You were exactly what we needed. 

Happy Birthday, Rocky P. 
The thought of you growing, even a day, older...is painful. But I'm so excited to get the privilege of seeing you grow and witness who and what you become:). 

rocky and his Sponsors: Luke and Nash



 well, that's just as good as it's gonna get;)








and because I enjoy crying...late at night...quietly...all.the.tears...;')







2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to #3! I can't believe he's 2 already, still a baby to me.haha! I love how you live in each moment, that's a gift to you and your family. Kisses to Rocky from AV+UT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, I love all those chair photos so much! I think Ike looks like him in month 2, and I see Coy/Will in month 14 :)

    ReplyDelete