Saturday, December 30, 2017

ike: 1 and 2 months.

post by casey.



i'll keep this short and sweet...much like Ike's current physical physique, personality and time here with us:).

this boy is, basically, adorable:). He's got quite the cough at the moment and that has him struggling and given us a bit of a set-back in the nightly sleep department. I'd normally not worry about the sleep thing and I can do okay-ish on little to no sleep and really...who expects to be getting ANY sleep at this point...I really don't even keep track or look at the clock or take note of how many times he gets up or I get up...BUT when you're actually getting into bed at 1030PM and then NOT sleeping until it's light out again...for like 2WKS...well...you know...sleep deprivation on a whole new level - manic laughing/crazy hair/dead eyes;).

but really, who can be mad at an Innocent little baby?! No one. That's who. And for that reason, I turn my anger on my husband. At 330AM. 
Have I ever mentioned that my husband is a saint!?;).

most days, it's like nothing has changed, having added another baby. Number4:). But a lot of days I find myself feeling rushed and busy and trying to find balance between my personal well-being and personal tasks and daily chores and 2 other toddlers and life...and sometimes I just want to scoop Ike up and take him to a quiet/clean/bill-paid corner;) where I can just stare at him and take all that baby-ness in. Sometimes I feel like it's flying by and I'm missing it because of...everything...and nothing...but days like today...I feel like I'm here and I have a hold of it and I'm giving him his time:).

any of this making sense?! Not sure myself cause Theo's currently sitting next to me trying to talk me into giving her ice-cream. Distraction:/. It's 242PM.

ike is wonderful. And he's CHUBBY! Probably the biggest baby - not at birth - but at every weigh-in since! Bigger than any of my sisters kiddos at this point!:) At just 2MO he's in mostly 6MO clothing and weighing more than 14LBS. My little boob-baby is a healthy chub:).

as for me. I'm doing well! Besides the 'no sleep' thing. And my face showing the results of the 'no sleep' thing:/. But I'm very happy and very tired and starting to feel more like myself mentally and physically. I'm about 12LBS from my pre-baby weight, which isn't of much concern, but I'm ready to start running again and set some goals for my days and my health:).

ah, this baby thing...this season of our lives...we are really liking it:).











we've heard it all, in regards to who Ike looks most like:). You be the judge!
I've always thought he reminded me the most of Theo. But in these photos...I can't hardly tell the difference between Ike and Rocky! I'm starting to believe that there is something to be said about our 'Smith Babies' kinda all looking alike;).

post

3 comments:

  1. At quick first glance, I see Coy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I'm always surprised when I see a glimpse of Courts kids in my kids:):) - Casey

      Delete
  2. He certainly is and we certainly are:) Thank Roni!!! He's absolutely one of a kind:) - Casey

    ReplyDelete