Monday, September 19, 2016

theo daisy: 28/29 months and rocky peyton: 10 months

i look at these faces and...today (maybe not tomorrow or even later today) but RIGHT.THIS.SECOND...I'm pretty content with where we're at. I'm not surprised or sad about how old they are. Todayyyyyy, today it is what it is and I'm okay with that:)

i look at their faces and I'm trying to think of things about them on an individual level. 

theo is cute & psycho. I think I've said that a time or 2(00) before;) She tells stories - that I can't understand - and dances and sings - words that I can't understand;). Oh, man...that personality is shining through and sometimes - a LOTTA times - she expresses herself in the form of a screaming tantrum. Using words that I can understand clearly. Like: No and Shut-up Mama
Time-out...meet my crazy-ass daughter, Theo. You guys are going to be SO tight that she'll enter kindergarten, telling her friends that her BFF's name is Time-Out.;)






theo still sleeps through the night...in her own bed...in a room she shares with her big bro, Homer:) She eats. Nonstop. She likes tighty-pants, fast stroller rides and permanent marker tattoos by Papa:)



will and theo:)



and then Rocky Peyton. This kid is the buffer between me and the other 2 beasts. When the day is crazy and the kids have lost their shit...Rocky has a way of bringing it all back to 'Okay'.:) 

i'm happy to report that Rocky is in his crib (according to the lie I've been telling his pediatrician, he's been in his crib since day2 - just so we have our stories straight;). He can get through the night most of the time but there are the few times a week that he's up 1-10 times. Depending;)

he stands up next to furniture and walks along it. He's eating his feet. Biting my nipple. Still nursing:) He's hitting all the milestones on that 9 page list that you have to fill out at the Clinic.
picking things up by the tips of his fingers...while giving me a high-five...on 1 foot...with a Cheerio balanced on his nose...all while shitting in his diaper (his shit is whatever kinda shit the doc expects his shit to be - nod and agree;).

long story short...he's still the light of our lives:)



we've got some good ones here. And I'm happy to not be sad when looking at these photos today. I see each of them, what they've brought to our lives and how different they are from one another. How that's something I don't feel like I have a lot to do with. I'm just here making sure they don't beat the shit out of each other to badly and maybe fill them with a bit of kindness but all the goofiness and dance moves...that's all their creation:)

mostly, looking at them...makes me realize what is to come. Our family is not complete and I'm excited to *hopefully* add more babies to this bunch:) Watching them grow is the happiest and most depressing job I've ever had the privilege of having;) And I know more siblings will only enrich and enhance their lives. Good gosh...I love my babies:)

1 comment:

  1. Shoot for twins next time. I hear it's a BLAST for the first year. ;-) MAYBE you will get two more just as chill as Rocky. I love your babies even though I've never actually met them???? Ok. We are headed to wi Oct 15,16 AND 17TH. play date??

    ReplyDelete