Tuesday, August 31, 2021

CO Part1.

 



Jacob and I have been blessed with bad attitudes at opposite times while on vacations;). It's saved our asses endlessly. There are so many days while at home, that someones poor attitude drags the other right down with it...BUT not on vacation! We're the perfect tag team! Jacob stepping in just in time for me to lay down with Mae and me stepping in just as Jacob needs to step away from all.the.things;).


We made it all the way to our Airbnb in Nebraska...dead last;)...on day1. Court, Dave + Family had stayed here previously. It is THE coolest, biggest loft! We arrived with enough time to wander around town, fall in love with a couple little shops that were already closed and wouldn't open until after we'd left the next morning anddddd break just one glass;).

Jacob and I took note of some of our favorite shops - I wish I would have taken note of some of the funny things that were said and some of my favorite moments from the trip...BUT I freaking forgot:/. 
Our hope is that by next year we're IN Chokecherry...IN could mean a few different things to every different person butttt IN for me means I get to go antiquing/2nd hand shopping/flea marketing!!!!! Jacob suggested we sneak away for a week next year to revisit some of these stores (a lot of them that we never even got a chance to go in) to collect pieces for our Chokecherry Home!!!:)



view of mainstreet from the master bedroom.


view of the loft from main-street.

THE cutest little shop. Man. Having a little shop is still a wild dream of mine but shops like this keep that dream alive:)








yes...yes we do already live within 10min of each other but then travel 1400miles to live in the same space together for 10days;) 
PS. We.Love.It.


And that night in NE. At the loft. While I sat outside on the rooftop patio, sipping my tea and had a perfect view in through the big windows...you could hear the music going. Courts, Pigg + Lia moving around in the kitchen. Dad (Papa) playing cards with Coy + Rocky and Peyton + Tayt + Dave + Chris + Pigg. 
Definitely one of those time-standing-still moments...where you're VERY aware of how sweet your life is. We were beginning a vacation of firsts and lasts. Taking it all in...with a totally different perspective than last time...knowing we'd be sending Peyton off at the end of it.


💛

No comments:

Post a Comment