Saturday, October 28, 2017

ike: 1 week.



tomorrow will be 2WKS with this wonderful little baby boy.
You guys...I used to dread the night time - especially, after Theo rocked my world by NOT sleeping for 7.weeks.straight... - but Rocky and Ike have renewed my belief in sleeping babies everywhere;).

things are going so well...and as any mama knows...that can change on a dime but for now, I'm soaking up the chest cuddles and nursing breaks and 3HR stretches of sleep at night and quiet walks around Target - yeahhhhhh, we've been there a disgusting amount of times in only 2 short weeks!!:)
Ike is a breath of fresh air and on those nights that Jacob walks in at 6PM from work and I then take Ike and lock us in my bedroom, away from the sass that has been the elder children:/...I just look at Ike and I just can't be sad or mad:).

i'll spare you the details on Homer and Theo and Rocky's poor attitudes - believe me, it's not 'adjusting to the baby' attitudes...it's 'they're assholes' attitudes - but we're dealing and digging up patience...patience...serenity.now;). And 4 hasn't been an adjustment at all. Really...once we had 3...it's hardly noticeable that there are 4 now! It's been a pretty seamless transition!:)

i'll also spare you the story about Rocky shitting on my rug. Rocky...my child...my human son. 
Shit. 
On my rug.

i'll also spare you the story about how Rocky threw a mini nerf gun at my face and I still have a slightly painful eyebrow because of it.

but I WILL share the story of Ike's first trip to the doctor!!!;)

after holding our breath in the waiting room for 45MIN, the nurse/MA? comes out to call us back and says:
"Ike-ey. Ike-ey Smith?" 
And I look around like...ummmm, I guess that's us, IKE. 
I considered making a quick announcement to the waiting area, letting them know that I had actually named my son, IKE. NOT Ike-ey;). 
On the way to the room I decided to correct the nurse, only because we had to spend some time together and I didn't want him to continue to be called the wrong name and end up looking silly when maybe the doctor corrected her or something.
SO I say: "No big deal - except that it is;) - BUT his name is just, IKE:)."
To which she responds: "Oh! Well, I'm definitely going to make note of that because I can see that getting messed up a lot?!"

me: CONFUSED FACE.

you guys...no name is safe;).

i'll leave you with that because Homer's in the bathroom with a poop situation that he describes as "juice"...omg.
Ike is screaming - only for the 3RD time in his happy life;).
Theo is running around dressed in an Ewok costume.
And Rocky has a plastic bag on his head.

i got this. I got thissssss.;).


#nailedit




anyone else fall into a state of depression after cutting all yours and baby's hospital bands off?
Cause that makes it all real and the birth is officially over and the baby is here and lifeeeeeeeee;(


beautiful photos by: Courtney Smith Photography


1 comment:

  1. Blessed be the baby who gives his mama the middle finger in pictures. ��
    And Theo had clothes on?
    Love your updates.

    ReplyDelete