Monday, January 2, 2023

Baby Fashion and a Fake New Year.



I couldn’t help myself…I grabbed these little outfits for the girls right before the New Year - just under the wire cause you knowww one of my Resolutions is to stick to a veryyyyy strict budget this year…isn’t it always:). But $7.99/each! Heck of a deal for this much adorableness! 

TJMaxx

Mal claimed Mae’s looked like an old couch…Mae said “my gah-ma has this!” Ha! And I’m still trying to work out what Evans style is…this isn’t it…but it was still very very cute:). - it was the pants with the feet for me! Gosh does that make life easier!


Do you make New Years Resolutions? 

I do make a few resolutions and those resolutions have definitely been simplified/refined over the years. After a lot of…failure and overwhelm…a girl learns to scale back:).

I ran across an interesting take on the New Year…or what some refer to as The Fake New Year…and it made some sense to me. The New Year, for a lot of people, just happens to land during the coldest/darkest time of the year. A time/season when we might be more naturally inclined to hunker down, rest, be still, reflect…we’re told to make lofty GOALS. Start fresh! Begin anew! Work-out;)!
*Did you see that the Christmas section is now the big ol’ work-out section at your local Target?…and is anyones gym NOT offering a low sign-up fee for you on January1? 
There is absolutely nothing wrong with setting intentions any time of the year but is it possible January might be a less than ideal time…leading to that, aforementioned: FAILURE AND OVERWHELM?! 



The information I read suggested that Spring makes more sense as a New Year. 
“Spring is the time of renewal; most animals birth then, flowers and crops bloom or get planted for the season, the sun re-emerges, animals come out of hibernation, etc.”
Up until 1752 we recognized a 13month calendar, with the New Year beginning in March…

Interesting Info. can be found HERE.

Okay, okayyyyy. It’s just INTERESTING. I realize this is NOT what you signed up for when I eased into this with tales of cheap, yet adorable, baby fashion;). BUT this is what happens when I find myself in a bit of a rabbit hole + some absent-minded staring out of the window from my bed with a sleeping baby on my chest for 1-1/2hrs:).
Do with it what you will;):).

Borderline-Too-Many-Caps brought to you by Coffee-After-1PM:| ;).




So this could be a long-winded way of me trying to let myself off the hook with the resolution-failing-situation…OR…orrrrrr…or just maybe it makes a bit of sense. And mayyyybe I’ve been a bit too hard on myself.

I love the feeling behind the New Year. It’s emotional to look back on the past year and how much has changed…or maybe hasn’t changed. How fast or slow it all went. What I’ll miss about it, what I’m happy to be leaving behind, and what I’m looking forward to. I usually always go into the New Year with a renewed sense of hope…but that is often fleeting. 

After learning a bit about the history/origin of the New Year, I found myself feeling like I really aligned with the idea of rest during these dark/colder months and renewal when the season changes to growth/warmth:).

perfect timing, Code:)

Happy {Fake} New Year, friends:).


No comments:

Post a Comment