Thursday, April 6, 2023

Randoms.

post by Casey.



Last week (j/k…it’s been at least a few weeks now that this post has been sitting in my drafts:) was a whirlwind and for once I can say that had nothing to do with exhaustion (maybe slightly;) or illness running through the house…but just all.good.things (mostly?!;).

March is always a pretty fun month - we celebrate 4 birthdays:). But it was also my 40th birthday - March 23rd - and Jacob and I chose March 25th as the day we would have our marriage blessed by the church. I’ve got so much to say about both - no surprise;) - but I’ll save those for a separate, more lengthy, post:).


Jacob, myself andddd Evan:) went on a Birthday Date Day. We drove N to Bayfield, WI…stopping at several little coffee shops along the way! We did a little thrifting and exploring and a lot of driving and catching-up:). We ended the day with Jacob pulling me, Theo and Homer out of bed to see the Northern Lights. This was a first for me and such a magical way to begin my 40th year:).

my heart.


We had mine and Mals annual Birthday Dinner and I showed up to a pretty hilarious (and inappropriate;) surprise!!!;) My sisters and brother-in-law had printed a tank top for everyone to wear!! The kids all tried to talk me into letting them wear them to school the next day - omg…NO;).


Life has, otherwise, been rather quiet…in the best way. The chickens are laying again! We’re trying to read from the Bible with the kids every night - it’s never quiet and have you ever tried to pronounce Oholibamah;) (that’s the granddaughter through Anah of Zibeon the Hivite - if you didn’t already know;)
Even though I don’t feel like they’re listening and there’s so much even I don’t understand…I feel like the payoff in trying will be worth it. Just continuing to take the next right step, even when it’s not the easiest:).
And then something about having chosen to celebrate our marriage in the church has felt like the next right step. And the next right step feels like the right direction…there was a lot of peace in that…and don’t get me wrong…I’m still failing out here. What I’ve deemed my ‘Peaceful Forties’ feels downright doable - says the girl who’s been 40 for 5days - j/k…it’s now been 14days but 14 good days).
I hesitate to get too used to or excited about these positive feelings because I have my own personal struggles…but every step towards God has felt big and emotional and hopeful and helpful and…good.

My Bacon Cheese Fries vs Pinterest;):). BUT they got ate:).

In pursuit of being a more helpful housewife and mama…I started meal planning. Which isn’t fun for me. BUT after only a week, I can see the fruits of that planning:). Cooking at the end of the day - with 5 kids underfoot and 1 in my arms - isn’t my idea of funnnn but having a plan is proving to make it less…not fun;).

Spring and sun, giving me life:)
Since this photo was taken, our dryer stopped working…the current 40mph winds are making it hard for me to use the line but we’re contemplating line drying for the spring/summer/fall. Anyone have tips on how to avoid crunchy clothes?;)

Evan and her smile…giving me life!!!;):)

Some recent thrifting finds:).

Thrifted earrings ($.89), gifted necklaces and my grandmas ring (priceless), thrifted dress ($6.50), and new heels ($56):).

“…if I have faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing…” 
- 1 Corinthians 13:2-8


We have a 9yo (again;):)! I can’t believe my first born baby girl is 9:). It really does feel like just yesterday that I got a positive pregnancy test in a gas station bathroom on a road trip to Florida:). It feels like time stands still for me…I’m simultaneously frozen in time and hyper aware of how quickly it’s passing:(. 
Being a mom has been my favorite thing in the world. We love you, Theo Daisy:)

Future thrifter;):).

A 9yo figuring out what a portable CD player is in real time!!;) I went out on a limb with this idea - she wanted some sort of portable music player. I wasn’t willing to throw her to the wolves/propaganda machine that is pretty much all media these days. This way we’ll be able to continue to try and filter what comes into our homes and into her little mind and heart! AND St. Vinnies sells CDs for just $.99:).
The CD player we purchased her, here
The website I used to find a few new CDs, here.

 Being a mom is hard and awesome:).

Jacobs been working on his espresso art;):). And I also can’t drink plain ol’ coffee anymore - I got a beautiful espresso machine for my bday and I loveeeee it!

We VOTED!!!:) We lost:( BUT we voted and we hoped. Regardless of the outcome, we are in good hands:).


And now just a couple things I found interesting this week:).

Did you know the US gives over $950million dollars to Uganda every year?

Below are a couple of quotes I loved from this episode of The Highwire. 
You can listen here.

“…and we started to learn how to understand our own emotions and how to bring awareness to that. And we started to learn tools on how to bring ourself from a stressful, anxious place down to a calm, peaceful place. I had the biggest aha moments there where I thought: oh my goodness, I’m 41 and I’m learning this. How much more powerful would I have been as a leader if I had learned this as a child…how to master my own emotions. How to pull tools out of my own pocket and say: okay, I’m very anxious right now, I’m going to take myself to a calm and peaceful place and I’m gonna breath through this. And I’m never gonna be a victim and I’m not gonna blame others for my emotions…”

- Leila Centner, Centner Academy


“…when we sold our company we kept saying we’ll be happy when, we’ll be happy when. Going to India and learning everything…no no no! Happiness is right here, right now, always. It’s at your fingertips. Do you want it? If you want it, it’s easy. And so teaching the kids happiness is right here, right now…it’s attainable, it’s in your hands and it’s your choice…”

- Leila Centner, Centner Academy

Happy Holy Thursday, friends.










No comments:

Post a Comment