Thursday, September 7, 2017

thirty-four weeks.


you guys...we're 34.freaking.weeks.pregnant. A baby will come out.of.me in 6ISH-WEEKS. That's happening and I feel like, even though I've done this multiple times, I'm againnnnnn just being let in on those minor/painful details!!!!;)

to be completely honest (eeeekkkkkk), I had a prettyyyyyyyyyy - still going - yyyyyyyyy long-winded post drafted earlier. One in which I did a rather large dump of complaining about various ridiculous and petty things. See: My Face Is Fat. My Ass Is Even Fatter. The Bags Under My Eyes Are Eating My Fat Face. I'm Not Sleeping. I Have Reflux But Still Eat Hardees At 1130PM. Why Have I Gained 40LBS...So Far.

maybe it's the fact that my 'work day' with the kids - I've been babysitting the last few weeks and I gottaaaaaa say....I hate it;) - is over. Or that Jacob took Homer to work after school and they're making/bringing home dinner - I gottaaaaa say...I don't enjoy cooking;). OR maybe it being our 6YR Wedding Anniversary tomorrow has be feeling a bit brighter - even though all we have planned is an hour away from the kids to walk to Kwik Trip for hot chocolate...:).

regardless. I'm turning it around and that feels a hell of a lot better than what I was moaning and groaning about before. I mean...I still have my moments and I have my warranted and very much NOT warranted moments of complaints but I'm gonna lock that up today.

i've been having those 'moments' a tad more often over the last few weeks and I blame hormones, entirely. BUT it's hard to snap out of it. Some things that I've found to reallyyyyyy help: contributing somehow, making it about someone else, paying it forward, giving back!!! Unfortunately, we don't have the means to contribute too much financially and unfortunatelyyyyy, there are enough sad things happening around the globe that we could choose to give our attention to:( BUT over the last few weeks, I've found 3 different ways to 'give-back' and selfishly, it's really helped ME to feel better!!

1 throwing a small 'care package' together for an old friend who was going through a stressful time!:)

2 we donated $15 to a wonderful group of people that were purchasing and shipping much needed supplies for those affected by Hurricane Harvey!
- be sure to do your research on such things. For Example: if you're wanting to make a monetary donation, The Red Cross might not be the place to donate. From what we're hearing/reading, very little of what's donated actually ends up in the hands of those that need it most. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

3 i put together a bag of like-new clothes for a family that lost nearly all their belongings in the Montana Wildfires.

now, normally I'd go on a little online shopping binge while sitting in bed at 1130PM, surrounded by Hardees;). This felt better:)

so even though, some nights, these hormones (and reflux:/) have me crying myself to sleep because of a fat face and ass;) and the fear of the impending birth of this child and my OLD kids and lifeeeeeee and deathhhhhhhhh;)...there's always something that can be done to - as we tell the kids:)'turn it around'.

we're SOOOOOOO excited for this baby and MOST nights I definitely go to bed dreaming about what we'll name this little one - ohhhhh, we're close to some solid decisions on that front!!!:) - and what he/she will look like and how the birth will go and when and how it'll start and all those sleepless nights I'll be cuddled up nursing a little baby and on and on. Any of those down moments/days are beyond worth it:).

ALSO. I've started a Baby Pool and I'd be SO pumped if any of you wanted to join! Just comment with your guesses - comment here or on our FB Page! We need:
Date
Time
Sex
Weight
Length
We are collecting $1 per guess, winner takes all...so maybe you'd have to meet up with me to put in your dollar OR Paypal!?!? Let me know!!!:)

details that might help you make an educated guess:
Homer was born 4 days early - 104PM - 7lbs4oz - 20-1/2"
Theo was born right on time - 528AM - 8lbs12oz - 20-1/2"
Rocky was born 3 days late - 1045PM - 7lbs15oz - 21"

jean jacket: vintage/my moms:):)
slip dress: St. Vinnies - Marshfield, WI
boots: Goodwill- Marshfield, WI





i've gained 40LBS in the last 34WKS. Right on track in comparison to my last 3 pregnancies. I do feel like I gained it more...obviously??...this time, if that makes sense.

jacob has suggested and I've veto'd the names: Jasper and Juno. I really like those names but I like the names we have better...but I've said before...we're ALWAYS open to hearing more/new names! We go in with multiple options and keep ourselves open for anything right up until the end:).
If you have a favorite name you never got to use or one you just think we'll love...Please let us know!!!!:):) I'd love to hear them!!!

1 comment: