Saturday, August 31, 2024

Labor {Day Weekend;}

 post by Casey.




Hi guys:). Happy Friday!! How’s everyone doing? Perfect, I’m sure;).

I continue to be off IG - minus the 2 times I jumped on to line-up my maple syrup drop-off:) and I had some Oliveda questions for my Oliveda friends:)
I almost found myself sucked back in - and I was for a few minutes - but off again…and my ‘goal’ is to stay away until September 20th…for no reason at all, just sounded like a nice day:).

SO depending on when I hit publish on this post, we could very well be entering BABY MONTH!!!! Orrrrrr MONTH BEFORE BABY MONTHHHHHH - if this baby is as pokey as the last 2 - (don’t even get me started on Due Dates:|…even after 6babies, that assigned/looming dateeeee can and does get in my head:|) but regardless, Mae + Evan were ‘late’ by almost 2weeks and 2weeks+…so who really knows where we’ll land this time around. 

I do feel like I’m entering this a bit more chill (don’t ask my husband, mom, or sisters, OR bff if they agree with that;). And my midwife (hi, sister;) mentioned that feeling more relaxed could mean this baby might not wait as long as the last 2! At first I thought that didn’t make much sense but I suppose being more relaxed really could be a more inviting feeling for my brain, baby, and body then the alternative:). 
I was actually pretty stressed with Mae (June 2020) - she was coming during a bathroom reno and a ‘pandemic’ and my going through a complete crisis/overhaul of morals/faith/politics/religion - suuuuuuppppperrrrr chill;). And then Evan…we were living in a windowless basement while we waited on my dad to put together our house enough for me to feel comfortable birthing in it - I did nottttt handle that…well😬😵‍💫 - everyone rallied and she was born just 4days after we moved in…over 2weeks past her ‘due date’!!!😮‍💨😅😝

This time around…maybe I’m finallllllyyyy realizing that things will happen as they should and God’s got me and He’s got this baby and once he or she is here, however and whenever that happens…that To Do List won’t have mattered one little bit:).

A September baby would be so neat! Out of the 20 grandbabies, set of grandparents, 4 sisters, 3 spouses (on my side)…no one has a September birthday…yet!:)
I’ll have to do a little Baby Birthday Poll when I get back online:).

Unfortunately, I’m on day4 of a terrible mood but I’ll be sending the kids off to the lake with my mom + sisters shortly. Theo and I have a wedding this afternoon:). And I’m hoping to get the house back in order somewhere in between that…before heading to the lake ourselves:). 

Thanks for letting me chat and share:). Below you can catch-up with what we’ve been up to lately!!

Mae Mae is drawing! This masterpiece is me and the baby!❤️ I absolutely love this age/season/sweetness.

I grabbed this $1 Timex at an Estate Sale and then paid $10.55 to get it up and running again and I really can’t believe I ever spent more than $12 on a watch because I love this one:).
Locals: this cute little clock shop can help you out with all things watches and clocks! I’m hoping to get my grandparents grandfather clock working again someday soon!!!:)

Still garage + estate saling and thrifting. Shouldn’t be. But we love it:).

I keep collecting vintage perfume/cologne bottles😑. I’m afraid that someday my kids will be having a garage sale with all the things I’ve collected at garage sales!! But I still pray everyday that my love for this…stuff…means something more for us:).

Football season has begun!!! Hoping to get a couple games in before the baby + cold weather come:).

The contractors have officially finished up their work!! It feels bizarre not to be living life with them after having worked with them for the better part of a year! But we’re so happy to have something ‘finished’ and we really love how the things they helped with turned out:).
We’re just really grateful.

We (Jacob:) did start tiling our bathroom…just weeks before the baby’s potential arrival because…why not😵‍💫😬😅. So I (Jacob) got new curtains and shades up and a pretty picture before immediately making a mess of things…again;).

I may not have picked the same tile if given the chance to do it over again today…BUT I’m glad we got it (2yrs ago?!!!) while we had the budget for it. I think it’s still going to look really great!

The kids and I recently stayed at a (ridiculously generous!!!) friends cabin for a few nights to get out of Jacobs hair while he tried to get some tiling/house things done:). It was absolutely not nottttt exhausting for me or for him;) but it was a beautiful stay and we got a beautiful day on the water - before the weather and my mood tanked😩.

Of course, I hauled all of my Oliveda products with me:). They’re having a great Labor Day Sale - see below! I have the F82 and love it (I mix it in with my F06 a few nights a week and it’s been my favorite combo:).
.


I have a habit of ordering things RIGHT before a sale🤦🏻‍♂️ - don’t be like me;/…I snagged some of the F75 Lip Balm (for gifts - I loveeeeee it!!) and I’m nearing the end of my F59 (I use it every morning) but I decided to give something else a try - I’ll report back on the 004:)
BOTH the F75 + 004 (and F59 - Botox in a Bottle:) are currently in stock:).

If you’ve been curious about trying these products or you’re in the market for some new skincare…I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed these products - I mean…I can and I have;). They’re reallyyyyy good:).
Thank you for using my link - HERE

Back to my baby and belly and break(down;). 
- Photo by Theo:)

Nah, it wasn’t all bad…this view!!!😍

The kids had a blast!

I finished my book - my 14th of the year:).
Recent Reads: A Bride In The Bargain by Deeanne Gist
After You by Jojo Moyes
Current Read: Made For Love by Fr. Mike Schmitz


She doesn’t sleep much but when she does…:):).


It was a lot…even though my sister, parents, bff…all came at some point and spent some time with us:). But I’m thankful for this time with the kids and the flexibility to make it happen!:)


Happy Labor Day Weekend, friends:). I hope it’s a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment